Community outreach has been defined at Community Reformed Church (CRC) as what we do as a church and as individuals to impact “the least of these” within our community, our region, and our state.
The Community Outreach Team strives through example and word to:
- Encourage individuals to be aware of needs in the community and region.
- Be in prayer about how they might facilitate resources to meet needs
- Look around for examples of people and organizations that have caught the vision of outreach and have accepted the challenge to serve the “least of these.”
- Report community needs as they arise
- Seek to organize work teams
The Community Outreach Team exists to coordinate these efforts at CRC to address the needs that exist in our community, our region, and our state.
The Community Outreach Team recommends the following:
Coordination of efforts between. . .
. . . community agencies.
. . . ministerial Association.
. . . organizations within CRC (Deacons, RCW, Connection groups).
. . . report community needs as they arise.
. . . stay informed about efforts and initiatives.
. . . provide a clearinghouse for requests for help from agencies.